Historic Amesbury
Home Map / Info Treasures Flyers Calendar
Historic Amesbury
Home Map / Info Treasures Flyers Calendar
Home Copyright Amesbury Treasures 2018


The Training Field

Managed by the Amesbury Improvement Association


The Powder House: The Powder House on Brown’s Hill

was erected in 1810 to store weapons and ammunition.

Always Open

Photo courtesy of Peter Bryant

Training Field: George Washington stopped by this area in 1789 to review the troops